BE PREPARED FOR MORE STORM DAMAGE THIS YEAR!Eagle Prime Admin
BE PREPARED FOR MORE STORM DAMAGE THIS YEAR!
Preparing for Storms in Southeast Texas.
Think ahead before storms arise, plan accordingly in case of an emergency. Your life, your family and your property depend on it.
What to do now
- Make a plan. Talk with your family or coworkers about where you will go during extreme weather. Know the safest place in your home or office.
- Prepare an emergency supply kit. The kit should have a number of items, including water (a gallon per person per day), non perishable food, a flashlight with extra batteries, prescriptions, first aid supplies, a charger and backup battery.
- Charge your phone(s) and fill up your gas tank.
- Put away any items in your yard or on your patio that could blow away.
- Check your insurance policies. The Insurance Council of Texas (ICT) recommends you ensure your auto, homeowners or renters, flood and wind policies are active, as they can be essential for storm recovery.On the road?
- Never stop under bridges or overpass to protect yourself from hail.
- Bridges give no protection from wind-driven hail.
- Your parked car will block traffic and may cause several car accidents.
- Seek shelter in a strong, sturdy building if possible.BE SMART, BE SAFE, BE PREPARED!