18 Point Roof Inspection
Prevent Costly Damage with Annual Roof Health Inspections
The most important reason to inspect your roof is to prevent damage in the first place and to prevent some small level of damage from getting worse and increasing your costs to repair. Don’t wait until a little problem grows into a major roofing and interior costly repair job. When we inspect your roof, you can expect a very detailed and accurate report on the current status of your roof and recommendations on action that you should take. This means we will look for any necessary repairs that must and should be made. We will generate a report than may include photographs, detailed notes, and an estimate of repair costs.
We will provide detailed information that the home or building seller and buyer both need. Inspections will include our professional opinion needed by mortgage lenders, insurance adjusters and possibly roof riders on home warranty policies.
Why Roofing Inspections are Important
Roofing inspections are very important in a variety of situations:
- When buying a home or building — know what condition the roof is in before you make a purchase decision as the life expectancy of the roof could greatly impact the final price.
- Spring inspections – roofs can take a serious beating during winter weather even in south Louisiana.
- Fall inspections – it is also a good idea to get an inspection before the winter weather season.
- After storms – storms are a way of life along the Gulf Coast, and in the event of severe weather you need to have your roof inspected to ensure any damages can be quickly repaired. Ask about our emergency roofing services.
- Uncovering unseen damage — sometimes you can go a year with a damaged roof before you see that damage
- Repair or Replace – oftentimes business and home owners are not sure if they should repair their roof or replace it. We can help you understand your choices and make an informed decision. You can also use our free online estimator tool to get an idea of how much it would cost to replace your roof.
18 Point Roof Inspection
Here is what our Houston Roof Inspection entails:
1. Measure for and calculate for proper attic ventilation.
2. Inspect all storm collars at pipes for proper seal.
3. Inspect all valleys for cracks and deterioration.
4. Inspect roof for missing shingle granules.
5. Check gutters, and downspouts for blockage.
6. Inspect fasten method used from original installation.
7. Roof Inspection – flashing at all walls.
8. Check for loose shingles.
9. Inspect all pipe flashing’s for cracks.
10. Inspect all rubber boots at top of pipes for dry rot.
11. Check to see if shingles are brittle, curled or deteriorated.
12. Check all skylight and/or chimney flashing for proper installation and seal.
13. Check the condition of the actual skylights and/or chimney units.
14. Roof Inspection for soft spots on the roof. (May indicate dry/wet rot)
15. Check in attic space for type of sheeting and condition. (If soft spots are detected.)
16. Check insulation as well for condition and moisture. (If leak is suspected or attic inspection is otherwise called for.)
17. Inspect seals on shingle to help prevent wind damage.
18. Inspect attic intake vents for blockage.
Many home inspectors, realtors and homeowners use Eagle Prime to do roof inspections on their residential homes and commercial properties. We have an 18 point inspection checklist that will review every detail of your roof to make sure that potential water problems will not affect your home. The inspection can include interior, including attics and chimney and exterior including soffit, fascia, gutters, skylights etc. Contact us (832) 257-2363 for more information about our inspection services.